From the edge to the cloud, EdgeConneX is going global. After becoming one of the early leaders in edge computing, EdgeConneX began building huge data centers for hyperscale operators. With deep expertise in both construction and automation, EdgeConneX has built one of unique growth stories in digital infrastructure.
It’s all a result of following the customers, according to Phillip Marangella, the Chief Marketing Officer of EdgeConneX. On this edition of the Data Center Frontier Show, Marangella shares his insights on how edge computing has evolved and where it is headed, how EdgeConneX is seeking to build a diverse workforce for the digital future, and how the company’s 2020 acquisition by EQT Infrastructure has accelerated growth.
Listen to today’s show:
Here’s a timeline of topics Philllip and I discuss on the podcast:
- 1:00 – The EdgeConneX story: What it does and who it helps.
- 7:00 – The demand tidal wave: “We’re all building as fast as we can.”
- 9:15 – Understanding the Edge: “It’s the user experience … It’s not rocket science.”
- 13:00 – Building the worfroce of the future, and why diversity matters at EdgeConneX.
- 18:00 – Capital matters: How EQT’s backing has turbo-charged growth.
- 21:30 – Digital infrastructure is a global story.
Here are some links with more about the topics we discuss:
- EdgeConneX Continues Global Expansion, Buying Indonesia’s GTN: A closer look at the global expansion at EdgeConneX, focusing on its recent entry into the large Indonesian market.
- EdgeConneX Lines up $1.7 Billion in Sustainable Loans to Fund Growth: The company says the funding will “dramatically improve” its credit profile, burnish its focus on environmental stewardship, and provide capital to continue the global expansion of its data center footprint.
- Executive Insights: Phillip Marangella: A transcript from Phillip’s insights from the DCF Data Center Executive Roundtable.
Did you like this episode? Be sure to subscribe to the Data Center Frontier show so you get future episodes on your app. We are on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you find quality podcasts. You can also subscribe using our RSS feed, and tell your friends and colleagues about our podcast!
We’ve also just launched the Data Center Frontier Channel on YouTube to showcase our videos, where we explain the infrastructure that powers the digital world. If you like data centers or work in the industry, you’ll want to subscribe!