I recently had a great conversation with Timothy Prickett Morgan at The Next Platform about data center demand and investment.
A summary of our discussion: “The data center business is booming, even within (and possibly due to) the current pandemic situation. Fresh infrastructure investments are coming in from those who normally pushed funds in airports, toll roads, and real estate and demand from gaming, streaming, and other services are also pushing this ahead. How does the investment play out over the years and how is it different now?” Here’s the video:
Here are some resources that provide additional depth on the topics I discussed in The Next Platform interview.
- Investors See Data Centers as Critical Infrastructure for the New Economy
- KKR Puts $1 Billion Behind New Data Center Development Platform
- Pandemic Could Drive Data Center M&A, Reshaping Industry Landscape
- Investor Interest in Data Centers Still High, as Are Deal Valuations
- New Investors Boost Construction, Competition in Data Center Sector