Many of the most downloaded data center white papers of 2019 focused on trends and shifts making a big splash in the industry, including the rise of the hyperscale data center, the transition to 5G and what this means for data centers, how edge computing is changing the colocation landscape, and more.
Data Center Frontier members have access, free of charge, to a full library of data center white papers covering all aspects of the industry, from key markets and trends to data center planning, design and a wide range of related topics. New white papers are added to the library weekly, and key data center players like Intel, Compass Data Centers, Evoque, Sunbird Software and many more, share their insight and research.
Below you will find the top 10 most popular white papers on Data Center Frontier in 2019.
1. Northern Virginia Data Center Market Extends Leadership Position: Northern Virginia is the focal point for the explosive growth of cloud computing, which has made the region the largest and most active data center market in the United States. The latest report from Data Center Frontier and RagingWire Data Centers explores the Northern Virginia colocation market in detail.
2. Edge Computing: The Data Center Frontier Special Report: Edge computing is certainly here to stay. As we see greater distribution of IT systems and more connected devices the need to push content closer to end users is easily seen. This Data Center Frontier Special Report, brought to you by BaseLayer, explores the possibilities of the “edge data center” and how edge computing is changing the colocation landscape.
3. Hyperscale Data Centers: A Data Center Frontier Special Report: A new special report, courtesy of Iron Mountain, explores how the hyperscale data center is reshaping the global IT landscape, shifting data from on-premises computer rooms and IT closets to massive centralized data center hubs. Workloads are consolidating in the world’s largest and most efficient facilities.
4. Optimizing Data Center Power Efficiency: Power efficiency in terms of power supplies and data center power systems within other equipment is an area sometimes deprioritized during refresh cycles. But times are changing. The new Data Center Frontier Special Report, courtesy of transphorm, explores how GaN technologies show significant benefits for data center refreshes.
Explore the full Data Center Frontier White Paper Library for the latest insight from the data center industry.
5. Top 10 Concerns of Data Center Managers in 2019: A recent article by Steve Gillaspy of Intel outlined many of the challenges faced by those responsible for designing, operating, and sustaining the IT and physical support infrastructure found in today’s data centers. This paper targets four of the five macro trends discussed by Gillaspy. The full report from Server Technology shares more about what these trends mean for the industry and what is top of mind for today’s data center managers.
6. Green Data Centers are Imperative for Enterprise Success: So how can your organization move towards more sustainable practices? While there are many ways to reduce carbon footprint and energy usage, one of the most impactful strategies is to source renewable energy in your data centers. This white paper from Digital Realty takes a deep look at clean energy, how to acquire it and what to look for in your data center strategy.
Free Resource from Data Center Frontier White Paper Library
Get this PDF emailed to you.
7. 5G: What, Where, When and Why:
We now stand at the threshold of the next (but far from final) frontier of 5G, the main strategic benefit of which will be enhanced device-to-device communication. This white paper from Compass Data Centers explores how 5G in data centers and related technological and business changes will impact the location, size and functional focus, as well as inter-connectivity and data storage requirements of today’s colocation facilities.
8. Data Center Planning — Who’s on First — Real Estate or Technology?: Experts agree that combining the interests of real estate and technology leads to the ideal data center strategy for your company. Whatever you call the investment, make sure that your provider delivers the best possible solution that meets your needs today while offering flexibility for the future. This series of executive briefs, courtesy of Stream Data Centers, highlights tech and real estate investment in the data center planning process.
9. Supplying the Edge with Adequate Data Centers: As edge computing expands, everyone from data center providers to carriers will need to expand with this new data origination horizon. This report from Evoque shares how edge computing and edge data centers can address the big data challenges of today.
10. – Seven Best Practices for Simplifying Data Center Cable Management: More organizations are recognizing the importance of good cable management for modern data centers. What they need is a data center tool that can decrease the complexity of cable management. This eBook from Sunbird Software focuses on seven best practices for good data center cable management alongside real-world tips from their experts and examples of how DCIM software can help you achieve them in your own environment.
Keep pace with the fact-moving world of data centers by following us on Twitter and Facebook, connecting with Data Center Frontier editor Rich Miller on LinkedIn, and signing up for our weekly newsletter using the form below.