- This event has passed.
DICE Local: Toronto – Data Centre Investment Conference & Expo, Toronto
November 13, 2019
According to CBRE’s Data Center Trends Report H2 2018, Eastern Canada — namely Toronto and Montreal, are among the fastest-growing data centre markets in North America.
Toronto’s data centre boom is synonymous with its standing as Canada’s largest city and leading financial and tech hub. Its current market size of 240 MW and vacancy rate of 16% indicate how new builds and expansions are attributing to increased availability of DC space. Furthermore, the city’s skilled, growing labour market and world-class connectivity attribute to this region’s economic expansion.
Topics will Include:
1. How will increased power density and cooling capacity impact site selection?
2. As end user demands shift, how will the growing use of outsourced IT services drive demand for off-premise data centres and onto the cloud?
3. How will the Internet of Things and AI impact data centre demand?
4. With deployments becoming more dense and compact, what are hyperscalers and cloud providers doing to be more sustainable?
5. What do the growth of micro data centres, 5G and Edge Computing innovations mean for today’s data centre requirements?