- This event has passed.
DICE Local: London | Data Centre Investment Conference & Expo, London
November 7, 2019
As the largest city in Western Europe, London dominates the European data centre market, boasting the region’s lowest vacancy rates at 4.5%. With 70 MW under construction in 2018, it trails just behind Northern Virginia as the second most active pipeline.
As a region, the Western European hyperscale data centre market is expected to generate revenues of nearly $29 billion by 2023, indicative of a major growth trajectory. EMEA accounted for 70% of cloud absorption throughout 2018, and shows no signs of a slowdown.
To date, FLAP markets — Frankfurt, London, Amsterdam, and Paris, are four of the top 20 global markets and Europe’s largest internet exchanges. The markets are predominantly driven by colocation investments from major players like Equinix, Digital Realty, and CyrusOne, who are drawn to the region’s abundant renewable energy sources and land availability.
Topics will Include:
1. How will increased power density and cooling capacity impact site selection?
2. As end-user demands shift, how will the growing use of outsourced IT services drive demand for off-premise data centres and onto the cloud?
3. How will the Internet of Things and AI impact data centre demand?
4. With deployments becoming more dense and compact, what are hyperscalers and cloud providers doing to be more sustainable?
5. What do the growth of micro data centres, 5G and Edge Computing innovations mean for today’s data centre requirements?
6. In what ways is the increasing focus on data privacy (GDPR) and security impacting the hyperscale data centre market?
7. How will Brexit and other disruptive trends impact the service provider landscape?