We’re now into the busiest part of the data center conference season. Here’s a quick reference guide to some of the major conferences, along with some insights on how to have a successful event, as either an attendee or a speaker. Remember that you can always find the latest conference schedule at the DCF Data Center Events Calendar.
DCF contributor Bill Kleyman is a Data Center World keynote speaker who has attended LOTS of conferences. Bill has put together several stories to share his tips and experience on attending and presenting.
- How to Get the Most Out of Data Center Conferences: Here are tips from a trade show veteran to help you make the most out of your conference experience.
- Make Your Next Presentation Awesome: Are you presenting at an upcoming IT or data center conference? Make your session a home run with these tips and best practices to engage with your audience.
Here’s a look at the busy schedule of upcoming data center conferences:
- DCD London: DCD London is Europe’s longest running conference dedicated to the data center and cloud infrastructure industry. It explores the full on-premise/off-premise infrastructure ecosystem, from enterprise to hyperscale, and colocation to edge. Includes plenary keynotes by Mark Thiele of Ericsson’s Edge Gravity project and Noelle Walsh from Microsoft.
- Edge Congress: The second edition of this event from Broad Group will be held Nov. 5-6 at the Fair Market in Austin, Texas. Edge Congress will focus on every aspect of edge computing, from integration with telecommunications networks and 5G connections, to its role in machine learning and automated vehicles.
- Marketplace Live: This event, presented by Digital Realty on Thursday, Nov. 7 in New York, is the “unconference” connecting the community that builds the cloud, network, and internet infrastructure within the tech ecosystem.
- Digital Infra Montreal: This conference in Montreal, Quebec on Nov. 12, 2019 at Le Westin Montreal hotel, is the first conference presented by Digital Infra Partners, which is led by Dan Scarborough and Phillip Brooks, veterans of the DatacenterDynamics DCD conference team.
- CAPRE Texas Data Center Summit: The theme is ” Cloud, Cybersecurity & The Future” at this event, which will be held Nov. 13-14 in Austin, Texas. The Nov. 14 conference will kick off with a keynote from Bo Bond of JLL, followed by a presentation by Compass Datacenters CEO Chris Crosby.
- The Great Northwest Cloud Summit: This CAPRE conference focuses on “Hyperscale, Colocation, Edge & Beyond,” and is set for Nov. 20-22 in Seattle. The multi-day event will kick-off with an opening workshop and data center tour, concluding the day with an evening reception. The full-day conference will take place on day two at the scenic Columbia Tower Club. The third day will feature a concluding workshop and and boat cruise on Puget Sound.
- Gartner IT Infrastructure, Ops & Cloud Strategies Conference: Gartner’s annual event in Las Vegas will be Dec. 9-12 at the Venetian. Gartner says the traditional data center may be waning, but IT infrastructure and operations — increasingly digital and distributed — aren’t going away. See how to accelerate innovation and agility in a hybrid world and enable your organization’s digital future